Match results selected from assigned encounter but not assigned in match results

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened?

1. Selected an encounter from a marked Individual’s page (https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=d3c036a6-8e3c-413d-8736-48193239d031)
  2. Selected “Match results” from the dropdown
  3. Match results page (Wildbook for Carnivores) does not show assignment of target encounter:
  4. Instead, it shows that the target image has an alternate reference, which IS the encounter and annotation I had originally selected for “match results”.

In addition:
5. I selected the proposed match #1 and in the “set individual on both encounters” I typed in and selected from the dropdown: CH00051.
6. When I clicked confirm, the system displayed the UUID for CH00051, rather than the name CH00051.

What did you expect to happen?

1. I expect the system to display the assignment of CH00051 on the encounter whose match results I selected to view.
  2. After steps 5 & 6 above, I expected the system to display CH00051 on both encounters, not the UUID string.

Note, I’ve since removed both of these encounters from the marked individual record (UUID string) that I’d assigned them to so that you can see the same results as steps 1-4 above in the match results.
The researcher got an “argument error” result when she tried to assign an ID but I don’t have the specific steps she followed. I’m meeting with her tomorrow am to discuss. If I’m able to replicate the error, I will update this issue.

thanks
M

cc: @PaulK

I did some testing with this and I found the following:

1. The individual did not have a name set. I set the name to CH00051 and it displayed correctly. I removed it and it displays a generated ID. I am setting it to CH00051 since that seems to be desired result?
  2. I am seeing the display name in the UI as expected

Tanya

Hello,

I was able to see that when two unnamed encounters are added to an existing individual not present
in the results, then the encounter(s) display the UUID instead of the display name and the individual record does not show the new encounters in the list.

We will make a ticket to address this issue.

1 Like

My bad! Ticket number is WB-1154.

1 Like

I forgot to report back, but we got this taken care of. It should be good to go.
As a quick aside, we’re doing an update to ACW soon to get you all the new features and some additional bug fixes.

1 Like