Matching not running on Mac + Safari?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? MacOS 10.15.7

What web browser were you using? Safari 14.0.2

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
User selected Start Match and nothing happened - no new tab and no matching being run. Took a zoom video - I’ll send the link and passcode to the services@wildme email address, subject line same as here.

Thanks
Maureen

Is the user able to get it to run with a different browser? Are you seeing any issues with your machine?

Tanya

I didn’t have any of the same issues using chrome on my Win 10 machine. We didn’t try to have him use a different browser. If you’re not hearing about this from anyone else then we’ll have to leave it for now - he’s not a regular user and I won’t be able to check with him again for a while. If I hear from anyone else in the meantime, I’ll let you know and try a different browser. But I thought Safari was supported?

thanks
Maureen

Safari is supported. I was just trying to cut down on the possible avenues of what could be wrong. If it doesn’t work for him on Safari but does on another browser, that means we can be really sure it’s a browser specific issue. If not, it means that this could be something with his network, configuration, a Safari bug, etc. When I can I like to do less work for these things. :smiley:
As it is, we’ll do some investigation. I’ll need one of the mac users to try to reproduce.

1 Like

Makes complete sense and I’m sorry I didn’t think to ask him to try another browser. We were in a zoom session for a different reason so this wasn’t core to what we were working on at the time. I’m on a call Wed with another Mac / safari user so let me see what we see there and get back to you.

Thanks
M

Hi, Maureen!
This mac user was able to reproduce the issue. Worked fine on Chrome but did not take me to the results page on Safari. Looking at the logs, it still seems like stuff is happening when the user clicks “start a new match”. We’ll be tracking this bug internally as WB-1547.

Welcome back, Mark! Thanks, good to know we’re not crazy.

cheers
Maureen

1 Like