"Max years between resights" display not working

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?

• Amphibian and Reptil Wildbook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)

• Windows

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)

• Chrome 79

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)

• Admin and researcher

What happened?

Although several encounters, even over several years, have been assigned to an individual, the “Max years between resights” do not show any numbers. For example, the yellow-bellied toad with ID “GU_LIE2013_285” was caught twice in 2013 and once in 2016.

What did you expect to happen?
I thought “Max years between resights” would then show 3 in the example. Shouldn’t that be the case?

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Here: Individual Search Result
Individual search → Metadata filters → Project name → B. variegata Northern Weser Hills

Hopefully this can be cleared up, thanks in advance! :frog:

Hi @MHederich

This field has been refreshed for each MarkedIndividual, and you should see the correct values now. When an Encounter gets added to an individual, this field is recalculated, subtracting the most recent sighting year from the first sighted year. In the code, there should be no way to add an Encounter without this field getting accurately recalculated. However, it clearly was an issue here. I have marked this issue as resolved, but we may need to come back to this in the future if the issue keeps recurring as there may be an unknown code mechanism that causes this. Currently, I cannot find it.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Great! Thank you. I’ll keep an eye on it and get back to you otherwise. Thanks for the quick repair! @jason