Merge Individual ID not being populated/shown

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?ACW

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)WIn 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)Chrome latest

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?
Merged two Individuals between two catalogs - had to manually add in merged individual name and did not see Merged ID field as expected

What did you expect to happen?
Merged Ind ID should be retained and be searchable (logging of the merge is working fine)

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

See prior WB-1456

@ACWadmin1
@MarkF
@tanyastere

Hi, @PaulK !
I’m having some trouble understanding which ID is missing.
Both WD00038 and LP-P-01 are being displayed, and both return this individual when you search it as an identity filter under individual search. Is there another ID that’s not showing up?

Hi Mark

I am sorry. I applied those ID’s manually when I saw that the Merged ID did not appear.

The issue is the Merge ID field did not appear at all.

Thanks

Paul

Hi, @PaulK !
Thanks! Next time this happens, tag me and I’ll take a look and re-open this.
Thanks,
Mark

Mark

Here is a merge to be completed.

https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/merge.jsp?individualA=e2865800-126b-4f17-927c-ab09f470ef97&individualB=25c354a0-edaf-43c1-a227-f12a655ef050

I have not hit Merge yet - so perhaps you want to do this and technically a Field should appear in the Individual ID page for LP-E-04 called Merged ID and it should have the WD00062 name in it.

Let me know when you have it done and I can double check it.

Thanks

Paul

@MarkF

Hi Mark

Do you think you can look at this? I do not wish to leave this merge uncompleted for too long.

Thanks

Paul
@MarkF

Hi, @PaulK !
Ack. I’m sorry. I’m on vacation this week. Please go ahead with this merge, and I’ll try to catch one next week.
-Mark

Will do. Thanks Hope you have a good week off.

Paul

1 Like

Hi all,

This is becoming a high priority. We have a number of new users who are beginning to upload their historical datasets and merges are inevitable. The system’s previous ability to retain the merged ID is very important to our users, Panthera being one of many.

If needed, we can provide 2 individuals from our personal dataset that can be used to verify the issue; I don’t mind merging 2 random individuals from our data in order to get this addressed as soon as possible.

thanks!
Maureen

cc: @PaulK ; @MarkF ; @jason