Merge Individuals

What Wildbook should this feature be in?
GiraffeSpotter

What would you like to see?
We’re starting to find a number of individuals in the datasets that have been duplicated and IDd as separate. So they need to be merged under a single ID. I believe ACW has this functionality so hoping it can be easy to replicate.

How would this functionality help you?
Right now we can change the names of the individuals but as far as I know, it still leaves 2 separate pages for the individual. Examples below.

Hi @jenna - I’ve not seen the functionality in GiraffeSpotter so I’m not sure if you have this but it’s worth checking.

In ACW, we’re only able to merge when one of the two separate individuals shows up as a match candidate for the other. So on the match results page, when this happens, click on the match candidate that is not the same individual as the one in the target annotation, and click on the checkbox. At the top right corner of the match results page, the following option should then appear:

You would then click on the blue “Merge Individuals” button and follow the steps on the next screen to merge the 2 individuals.
Hopefully this functionality already exists in GiraffeSpotter so you don’t have to wait for a feature upgrade.

cheers
Maureen

Hi @jenna

I know this is an old post, but since the links you shared are still showing up as two separate Marked Individual pages, I wanted to let you know there additional ways to merge two animals when they don’t appear in each other’s match results: Merging FAQ - Wild Me Documentation