MiewID inspection image inconsistently available within a single set of match results

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 11

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
I’m trying to find some interesting MiewID visualizations to put into a pamphlet that we’re getting printed for handout at the EarthRanger conference at the beginning of November.

So I’ve been running a bunch of lions through matching and have found multiple instances where there some or one but not all top 12 match results under MiewID are not available.

All of these matches were run either yesterday, 23 Oct 2023 or today, 24 Oct 2023. Re-running them through matching doesn’t help.

Here are some examples:

The frustrating part is that the inspection images that are missing are often exactly the ones I’d like to use due to either the visual differences between the 2 animals and/or the date span between the 2 images.

It’s a strange one!

Thanks for your help.

Maureen

Thanks for sharing these! We’re looking into it. I hope to have an update for you soon.

1 Like

Just checking in to let you know our machine learning engineers need more time to research this.

1 Like

Sorry for the late follow-up on this. I re-ran one of the matches today and was able to see visualizations for each MiewID inspection image: Wildbook for Carnivores

Re-running ID on the remaining annotations should correct the previous results.

Thanks @Anastasia - was the source of the problem found & fixed so it’s not going to be a problem going forward? Or are we now supposed to re-run through ID whenever there are missing visualizations?

thanks
M

There didn’t seem to be a specific thing that caused it. If you see missing visualizations that don’t appear after re-running the match, let us know so we can investigate.