Missing Individuals in Picture Book

What Wildbook are you working in? Whiskerbook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I try to make a Picture Book of all my identifications. I can only see 11 of 163 marked individuals: “Matching marked individuals : 163 (Showing only the 11 individuals with tagged exemplar images).”

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
I made an Individual search using my username. Under “Export” I asked for Picture Book.

Cheers
Øystein

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hello @oystein.wiig,

This has been resolved. The page only allowed a small number of individuals to be displayed. I have increased the limit to 200. The page will also feature images with the Keywords “ProfilePhoto”, “Left”, “Right”, and “Face”.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason

Is this functionality we can use in ACW ?

I had requested a definition of “tagged exemplar images” and how to use this previously.

Thanks

Paul

fyi @ACWadmin1

Yes, I’ll move this commit over to your branch so you can get it at the next upgrade (we have other fixed issues ready for you.)

By “tagged exemplar images”, we should have said that the images populated in this format will prioritize displaying Media Assets with these keywords:

“ProfilePhoto”, “Left”, “Right”, and “Face”

allowing us to try to display a useful subset of images per individual.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks,
Jason

@PaulK Actually, it looks like have already customized this for you, but I will increase the number of individuals displayed to 200.

Thank you

I know we have a number of users who will be very happy to have this capability,

Much appreciated. (and thanks to @oystein.wiig

Paul

Hi all,
Thank you for handling the issue!

Cheers
Øystein

Hi again,

I have some questions related to the Picture Book:

• The order of the Individuals seems to be at random. I would prefer to have them as ordered under Individual Search Results.
  • When I make the print to pdf there are a couple of issues
    • Some pictures are not loaded at the print even though I scrolled to the bottom as instructed
    • Maximum three pictures are loaded
    • Second line of pictures for an Individual is cut at the bottom
    • Every second page is blank (formatting issue?)

Cheers
Øystein

https://www.whiskerbook.org/pictureBook.jsp?noDate=noDate&approved=acceptedEncounters&unapproved=allEncounters&unidentifiable=allEncounters&male=male&female=female&unknown=unknown&alive=alive&dead=dead&measurementlength(operator)=gteq&satelliteTagName=None&biomeasurement13C(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement13C(value)=&biomeasurement15N(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement15N(value)=&biomeasurement34S(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement34S(value)=&individualID=&resightGapOperator=greater&resightGap=&firstYearField=&organizationId=None&projectId=a217781b-eb98-4a9c-b242-99e28a53f92d&submitSearch=Search&noDate=noDate&approved=acceptedEncounters&unapproved=allEncounters&unidentifiable=allEncounters&male=male&female=female&unknown=unknown&alive=alive&dead=dead&measurementlength(operator)=gteq&satelliteTagName=None&biomeasurement13C(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement13C(value)=&biomeasurement15N(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement15N(value)=&biomeasurement34S(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement34S(value)=&individualID=&resightGapOperator=greater&resightGap=&firstYearField=&organizationId=None&projectId=a217781b-eb98-4a9c-b242-99e28a53f92d&submitSearch=Search

Hi @oystein.wiig,

I have some questions related to the Picture Book:

The order of the Individuals seems to be at random. I would prefer to have them as ordered under Individual Search Results.

Thanks. This would be great to recommend in the Feature Requests area.

Some pictures are not loaded at the print even though I scrolled to the bottom

For this large number of individuals, you do have to scroll very slowly. I can see missing images in the print out when I scroll quickly. If I scroll slowly and verify each image has loaded, the printout shows all photos.

Maximum three pictures are loaded

This is by design. Altering the number would require some dynamic reformatting and new code from us. I also recommend requesting this in our Feature Requests section.

• Second line of pictures for an Individual is cut at the bottom
  • Every second page is blank (formatting issue?)

I am asking internally about these.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you for clarifying info. I will follow up as you suggests.

Cheers
Øystein

Hi Øystein,

I’m one of the Wildbook developers. Those last two points about the pictures being cut off and the blank pages are bugs that we are now tracking. We’ll keep you updated.

Thank you!
Drew

Hi Drew
Thank you!:slight_smile:
Cheers
Øystein

Hi Drew,

What is the status of this?
Thank you for help!
Cheers
Øystein

Hi @oystein.wiig

I’m sorry about the delay. We’ve been revisiting our ticket queue and I wanted to give you a status update.

First, this is the latest link to track the work on this: Fix Picturebook image cutoff · Issue #273 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

Next, the issue with the blank page seems to have been resolved already but we’re still seeing the issue with the cut off images. So half of the issue is resolved, but I wanted to let you know that this is still on our radar and will update this post when we have any news to share.

Hi Anastasia,

Thank you for letting me know! :grinning:

Cheers
Øystein

1 Like

A fix has been made and will be deployed soon. See ticket for updates.

The fix was deployed today.

Thank you!
Cheers
Øystein