Not able to merge encounters

Great - I will try today and let you know. Is the issue with the right whale match still being looked at?
@clsims

According to Jason, somewhere in an import six belugas were merged with individuals from other species. Our recent import fix that prevents marked individuals from getting duplicate pages created should prevent this from happening in the future. But what you and Christy saw before should be resolved.

The merge link from the earlier post in this thread shows the old state (pointing at a right whale), so that will not appear to be fixed but rather if you return to the match page and try to do the merge again, you’ll correctly get same-species merging behavior.

OK - that’s great to hear. Thanks!
@clsims

1 Like

Hi Anastasia,

I am trying to merge the whale here (encounter 8b1c4064; ID 1331) to the second Match on this page (ID 868): https://www.flukebook.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=2fc7a147-86f7-4d26-86d5-37f3ef7ef627

I’ve now been waiting over 15 minutes and still have this Waiting on merge

So it seems that it is not fixed for me to merge.

@clsims

Thanks for the update. I’m working with Jason to figure out what’ preventing it from loading for you.

Ok, so the good news is that we’ve figured out how to unblock you while we continue to debug this. Part of the code checks for whether a user has a project. If no project is found, then the loading bar stays put.

As a workaround, I’ve added you and @clsims to a test project with no encounters in it so that you can continue working on merges. We’ll need a little more time to keep working on the underlying issue.

Sorry for the late follow-up. I believe the underlying fix for this was implemented already. I’m going to resolve this but let us know if you see issues with this again.

I just tried this and it worked! Thanks for the fix.

@clsims

2 Likes