Occurrence/Sightings Data Uploading Incorrectly

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Flukebook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
MacOS 12.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Safari 16

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
orgAdmin, researcher

What happened?
During bulk uploads a period and a letter are being added to the uploaded occurrence IDs. E.g., Occurrence 20210727, is appearing as 2.021072E7

What did you expect to happen?
I expected 20210727 to appear as 20210727

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Perhaps trying to import the bulk upload again. I will email you the spreadsheet and a couple of photos. The last two uploads have done this.

On an unrelated note, I still do not have access to the sightings tab in Flukebook. It simply won’t load for me.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks for your patience. It looks like this was an Excel issue where it wanted the numbers in this field to be unique. We fixed it by forcing the fields with numbers to be labeled as text. To do this you can:

• Select the entire column
  • From the menu select Data < Text to Columns
  • In the popup: click Next, click Next , click the radio button next to Text, click Finish

I’ll email you the updated spreadsheet shortly.

1 Like

Are you referring to the My Data > View My Sightings option in the menu?

1 Like

Yes - the main way into the sightings. I wasn’t sure if this was still on your radar, so I thought I would mention it.

Thank you! I will make sure to reformat for any future bulk uploads.

Thank you for reminding me! I used my test account to match your permissions and while I was able to see the My Sightings option from the menu, it doesn’t actually load them for me either in Safari or Brave. I was able to view it from my admin account just fine. Give me some time to find out why there’s a discrepancy.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience. The My Sightings page should load now for you. I got it to load in my test account with the same permissions as yours.

1 Like

Ah, this is wonderful! Thanks again.

1 Like