Photographer name cannot be added in existing encounters (it can in new ones)

Hi,

I’m bringing this subject because it happens often to us. I mentionned it a few months ago in a closed subject, which was not a very smart idea now that I think about it :sweat_smile:

When entering a new encounter through “submit an encounter”, you can enter a photographer name and an email address, without these corresponding to existing user accounts.
(In fact I think it actually “creates an invisible account” with these elements.)

See here :

It is indeed saved in the encounter, see here :

If you later want to modify this email address in the encounter, you can only “remove” the Photographer’s Name+email address set :
See here :

Then you can enter only an email address and no longer a name (which you could earlier) :
(as you can see in this fake example, I first made voluntarily a mistake in the email adress that was idontexist@reallynot.fr and not idontexist@reallynot.com. But the name was right (Mikael Just an example).

So now I can do less than when I first submited the encounter :

You should be able to enter a name and email address again, like in the “submit an encounter” form. It is necessary for example if one made a mistake in the email adress on the first time. Saddly it’s an error (wrong name spelling or wrong email address) that our contributors often make.

Thanks for resurfacing this! I’ve created a ticket for this: Photographer name can't be added to an existing encounter · Issue #586 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks @Anastasia :slight_smile: