Photos loaded as different sightings

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Internet of Turtles

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 90

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
researcher

What happened?
I loaded three photos for a sighting, but one of the photos was duplicated as two additional separate sightings

What did you expect to happen?
Three photos as one sighting.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
I’m not sure but these are the two duplicate sightings:

https://iot.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=07949d9e-4750-47bb-bd2e-69ceba001a94
https://iot.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=2a422049-53a7-492e-adc7-72a9501aa283

occurrence ID is bc82d0c5-110d-4445-8d77-90bebe9084a0

Hi, @Rowan !
I’m looping back through really old community posts that look like they slipped past us. Is this still an issue?

I’m noticing that one of these encounters has been deleted?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi @MarkF again sorry the delay - it seems the one duplicate was removed, so I’ll just need to load those two photos to the other sighting so all three are connected there. I’m not sure if the issue is still happening as haven’t been loading sightings for a while, but will let you know if I come across it again

1 Like

Hi
I am encountering this issue on the IoT again aswell. It was fixed for awhile, but now submissions are being duplicated into one or 2 more encounters which are left unassigned, and I am having to manually delete each duplicate.

Hello,

Could you provide me with a couple example links next time this happens? We have been investigating the issue elsewhere and it seemed to be linked to manual annotation, but If this is not the case for you I would like to have a look.

Thanks!

Hello again,

We have made an adjustment to our detection model settings. This should make creation of annotations more conservative and hopefully resolve your issue. Please let me know if unwanted annotations
continue to appear in some of your data submissions, and send us some encounter links if they do.

Thanks!

2 Likes