Problem selecting an annotation on a multi annotation encounter image in gallery

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) WIN 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) CHrome 88

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened? During training of new user, came across an encounter with multiple annotations where one of the annotations/encounters cannot be selected. This has happened a number of times before, finally requesting a fix.

What did you expect to happen? User should be able to select all encounters in the image.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=54a5206a-2e07-4489-8ae0-67d7d73d1ad9
Try to select the dog in the foreground and see what you have to do.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

One of the reasons this hasn’t been addressed is because figuring out a way to do it is…rather challenging, particularly for the pups that pile up on top of each other.
If we were to add a button that cycled through the annotations for selection, that would be a substantial improvement on what is available, and as far as I can think is the least interruptive way to do this. Does that sounds reasonable?

Tanya

Hi Tanya

I think that would be just fine, kind of like moving objects to background in Powerpoint or Word with the Order Objects menu

Any solution at this point is a help.

Regards

Paul

1 Like

Bookkeeping: We’re tracking this with WB-1459

Hi, Paul!
I suspect that I was able to fix this. It’s in code review currently, so hopefully that means you’ll be seeing it soon!
-Mark

Hi, @PaulK !
This should have a fix deployed on ACW. Please let me know whether the new functionality solves your problem!
-M

1 Like

Hi Mark

Thanks for this - fix seems to be working and it is self explanatory.

I will ask for user feedback but I think this is good.

Regards

Paul

@tanyastere
@ACWadmin1

2 Likes