Problem with deleting Bulk Import

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? GrouperSpotter

What operating system were you using? Windows 10 OS Build 19042.1052

What web browser were you using? Chrome 19042.1052

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened? Tried deleting this bulk import, but it ended up deleting only half of the import and now it is stuck at this stage. Results in “error” with attempts to delete it.

Bulk import:
https://www.grouperspotter.org/imports.jsp?taskId=a2d6dd59-5ae4-421e-963b-78f018f9b20a

What did you expect to happen? To have the entire importask deleted

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? Bulk import in link above.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hello.

I’ve made a database change that should fix this issue with deleting imports. Though the fix is already implemented, I’ve made ticket WB-1739 to track just in case. The system is under very heavy load right now processing a series of ID jobs from previous imports so the deletion is taking a while, but it should complete soon. I can see the number of assets and encounters for it decreasing after a short wait and a page refresh.

Thanks.

1 Like

@BTran can no longer find this bulk import.
Can I confirm with you that this issue with deleting bulk import has been resolved?
-Mark

Hi @MarkF and @colin,

Thanks so much for getting to work on this issue.

There’s still this bulk import on the grouperspotter site: Grouper Spotter - Citizen science and facial recognition for grouper | Login

Should we try to delete the ImportTask on our end? Would that remove the bulk import, or lead to more issues?

Thanks so much,
Bryant

Hi, @BTran !
Let’s try it; it doesn’t look like there’s a lot of activity on grouper at the moment! Let me know if it works?
-Mark

Hey @MarkF,

So in the first hour, I think it was able to delete around 100 images. But for the past few hours, it’s been stuck on around 8000 remaining images.

Not sure if it’s still deleting at a slower pace, or if it’s stuck at the moment.

-Bryant

Hi, @BTran!
It looks like the bulk import finally finished deleting! Thanks for your patience with this!
-Mark

@BTran I’m going to mark this as resolved. That alright?
-Mark

Yes, thanks so much for the help @MarkF @colin.

-Bryant

1 Like