In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
When I tried to re-run identification for sighting, which has 2 seals and I had to manually add annotations to animal 1 and animal 2, it says:
Something went wrong with your request.
You do not have permission to edit Sighting 2d0bcff4-559e-4534-86ef-e822269a6d06. To do this, you need an edit collaboration with any of [‘Piia Mutka’, ‘Aada-Elina Penttinen’]
I have edit permission from Aada-Elina Penttinen.
Link to sighting: https://seals.wildme.org/sightings/2d0bcff4-559e-4534-86ef-e822269a6d06#overview
What did you expect to happen?
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
I double-checked your collaboration permissions and confirmed that you have edit access with Aada-Elina. I’ll need more time to research this further.
@jason Piia has the researcher role and has an active edit collaboration with Aada-Elina Penttinen in Seal Codex. I’m not able to figure out why she’s receiving an error that says she needs edit permissions with Aada-Elina.
January 10, 2023, 10:55pm
@Anastasia @PiiaMutka Escalating to the engineering team after testing myself.
I just wanted to check in to let you know that this bug is still being worked on. We haven’t forgotten about you! Thanks for your patience while we continue to resolve this.
We’re still working on this and hope to have a resolution soon.
This happened again:
Link to sighting:
There was accidentally 2 seals under 1 animal, so before this error I added second animal and moved 2 annotations to it.
Second time it happened on this sighting:
I added new animal also here, but didn’t move any annotations to it.
I’ve shared this with the team. I’ll let you know as soon as we have a fix in place for this.
Has there been any progress with this problem?
Thanks for checking in, Piia.
It looks like this bug fix has been temporarily put on hold while work on Scout has been prioritized. I’m waiting to hear back on an estimate for when we can pick this up again.
I’m sorry about the unusually long wait for a resolution.
It looks like we’ll have the bandwidth to work on this bug sometime in March. I’ll check in when I have any updates.
I wanted to give you an update to let you know that we’ll need more time to work on this.