Release notes for July 2022
Hey everyone! Here are the details of the major work completed over the last month. Codex notes are posted with each software release. Wildbook and WBIA are added at the end of the month.
Software DOIs for June release
To reference Wildbook in a publication, use the following DOIs:
- We have successfully migrated our zebra platform to zebra.wildme.org.
Codex 1.0.1 - July 8
- The image analysis pipeline has clear indication of state and human intervention.
- The site status page accurately reflects the connected servers and versions.
- Relationships can now be customized by admin.
- Custom ID jobs are more stable, as are match results.
- Developer audit logs reflect configuration changes.
- Improved sorting on sightings and users.
- Improved logic around merging and setting up relationships between individuals.
- Made API keys more accessible and cleaned up a lot of code around their usage.
- Added additional sorting options in system search.
- Corrected permissions and functions around collaborations.
We have successfully migrated the WWF Norppagalleria Wildbook to Codex, now a general platform for seals. It can be seen at seals.wildme.org.
Codex 1.0.1_hotfix - July 18
- DEX-1311: ID completion status now resolves when the job finishes running through ID. Without this, users were unable to view match results.
- Added the configuration for seals detectors.
Codex 1.0.2 - July 29
- Enforce file limit for bulk uploads.
- Improve search for location, taxonomy, and time.
- Correct email template to pull in correct variables.
- Add a queue to allow researchers access to process publicly submitted sightings.
- Rename the Site Status page and generalize the code so it points at the correct Codex instance.
- Add the ability to set up social groups from the site settings.
- Support both Wildbook and Codex style naming conventions for APIs around Sightings and Individuals during transitional effort.
- Stabilize and expand on swagger doc integration.
- Remove dependency on the progress_[stage] objects so they can be depreciated.
- Backend only - add support for autogenerated names at the species level.
- DEX-1326: User setting page is now functional when displayed.
- DEX-922: Corrected the scroll behavior in tables.
Individual Wildbook Updates
- New study sites for Amphibian-Reptile Wildbook.
- New study sites for Internet of Turtles.
- New study sites for Seadragon Search.
Wildbook Bug Fixes
- WB-1981: Encounter Search export has been restored on IOT.
- WB-1969: Metrics are more accurate for the number of users.
Wildbook-IA Release Notes
There are no updates to WBIA this month.