Release notes for September and October 2022
Hey everyone! Here are the details of the major work completed over the last few months. Codex notes are posted with each software release. Wildbook and WBIA are added at the end of the month.
Software DOIs for October release
To reference Wildbook in a publication, use the following DOIs:
Codex 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 Release Notes
- To simplify development and improve database stability, we have removed the Ecological Data Module from Codex.
- Reworked collaborations based on user feedback:
- Improved messaging in collaboration notifications.
- Added additional collaboration notifications.
- Improved user manager’s ability to manage collaborations.
- Improved visibility into users available for collaboration.
- Improved visibility into collaboration state.
- “Merge complete” email sends consistently; messaging is updated.
- Improved understandability of re-run ID options for systems with more than one ID option.
- Improved legibility of traces throughout Sage-interfacing modules.
- Simplified permissions by removing data manager role; functions of role are now encompassed by admin role.
- Cluster annotations into a single animal when reporting a single animal sighting.
- Added latlong custom field support.
- Enforce mandatory Region in all new sightings.
Codex Bug Fixes
- DEX-1463: Removed hardcoded status in the AssetGroup pipeline, reducing confusion while debugging.
- DEX-1456: Improved error messages on PATCH functions.
- DEX-1448: Users prevented from deleting required time fields on submission.
- DEX-1454: Custom dropdown fields respected Required status.
- DEX-1439: User is blocked from deleting email associated with account.
- DEX-1354: In site configuration, species deletion is respected.
- DEX-1313: Extended timeout and prevented crashing for species management.
Bulk import detections must process completely before being sent to identification, improving queue times and matching accuracy.
Individual Wildbook Updates
- New locations have been added on SeadragonSearch, Flukebook, and GiraffeSpotter.
Wildbook Bug Fixes
- WB-1956: SeadragonSearch can successfully provide Others to Inform on submission.
- WB-537: Genetic information successfully blocks submissions without all required fields.
- WB-538: Genetic information retains state when other fields are edited.
Wildbook-IA Release Notes
- Flukebook now supports fin whale identification using a trained PIE model.
- Flukebook now supports a new ID algorithm that ensembles HotSpotter and PIE results for gray whales, creating an ID prediction based on the best of each algorithm’s results.