Removing annotations results in deleting the image

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Flukebook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
WIndows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Microsoft edge and Firefox

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Admin

What happened?
When removing an annotation on an image, on an encounter page, the image got deleted. It seems that when there are several annotations, we can remove one, but when there is only one annotation, when removeing it, it also remove the whole image.

What did you expect to happen?
I was expecting that the annotation would be deleted, but not the image (now I have lost the image of that encounter). There were not even a messagee asking for a confirmation to delete that image.
I wanted to delete a dorsal fin annotation and add a Fluke annotation.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Here is the link to the encounter page, where the image has been deleted after I clicked on “remove annotation”
Flukebook

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Violaine

This is a recurring problem and we have never seen a satisfactory fix when this was reported in the past.

We have advised our users on ACW to create any new annotations first, before deleting the incorrect/inaccurate annotation., as a work-around.

As for “finding” your image, I believe it is still in the data base and if you have the file name, a WildMe support person should be able to “find” it for you.

Good luck

Paul

CC @jason