Results not being fetched in SeadragonSearch

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MacOS 11.6.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) 102

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? new encounters submitted today are hanging when they are at the ‘fetch results’ stage

What did you expect to happen? results to appear

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? I did a new test encounter and the same issue occurred.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @NeridaWilson

I saw exactly what you saw. I looked through the logs and saw no errors. Older matches from June 20 were showing fine, so it wasn’t a new display bug. I then re-ran the matches for those two encounters, and they completed normally. Here’s an example:

Because I saw the issue but can no longer reproduce it, I think it may have been some kind of network interruption that blocked the machine learning server from handing the match results back to Wildbook. But that interruption seems to have resolved itself. Please let me know if you continue to see this as it is weird that detection results would return without issue but the immediate and subsequent ID jobs would not.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks Jason, only too happy to see problems that fix themselves! Looks good on my side too now, thanks for looking into it, Nerida

1 Like