Search not returning encounters

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SAS USA

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Firefos

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin/PI

What happened?

I assigned an alternate ID to USA-L0632. Named the shark Ginny. This was a paid-for adoption. I went into each encounter and added Ginny as the Alternate ID. I wanted to be sure that if the adopter went to the SAS webpage (without login access) they could pull up the encounters by entering the alt ID. But it does not show up. It does show up if I enter USA-L0632 from the public page.

If I enter either name after logging in, the encounters do show up. So, the alt ID is associated with the encounters, but is not searchable for the adopter.

What did you expect to happen?

I’d like for anyone that adopts a shark and selects a nickname to be able to search using the nickname and have records returned for that shark so they can see if it has been spotted again.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

Go to the website, but don’t log. use the search box to find Ginny and then USA-L0632.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Carol!

I just went into the individual page for Ginny/USA-L0632 and added her nickname there. I was able to search for “Ginny” while logged out and I got the record for USA-L0632 to appear.

Can you confirm that it’s working for you, too?

this seems to have been corrected within about 48 hours. Maybe it was after a system reset? It is working now and the adoptee can see her shark.

1 Like