Search results I'm not authorized to access are not highlighted in red

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? Latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher

What happened?
When I search encounters, the records that I’m not authorized to access are highlighted in red. But when I search individuals, the records that I’m not authorized to access are not highlighted in any way. This is just a visual display issue / inconsistency; when I click on any of those records, I’m prompted (as expected) to request access from the researcher who ‘owns’ those records.

What did you expect to happen? I expected the records to be highlighted in red as they are in the encounters search results.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

Hey there,
This has been validated as an issue. We’re tracking this under WB-605. We’re accepting this as a low priority item at the moment since it doesn’t impact functionality, but we will make sure there is a consistent noticeable indicator of access in search results in the new UI.

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher

What happened?
I selected View All from the Individuals drop down menu. When all records were loaded, records I shouldn’t have access to are not highlighted in red. However, I am not able to access them - I still get the request collaboration popup when I click on them.

What did you expect to happen? Display the records I don’t have access to highlighted in red

Hey @ACWadmin1,
You reported this previously under this post:
https://community.wildbook.org/t/search-results-im-not-authorized-to-access-are-not-highlighted-in-red/153
Mind if I merge these two reportings?

Sorry, I thought I had but I couldn’t find it. Of course, go ahead and merge. thanks

1 Like

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
WB-605 is finally ready for deployment (well, for QA)!
May I deploy tomorrow (Monday) our time after 2:00 (PST) per usual?

cc @PaulK

Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

Hi @MarkF - of course! Thanks very much!

1 Like

Ok. Has been deployed and looks to be working! Please let me know if you see anything unexpected!
May I mark as resolved?

Thanks,
Mark

You can indeed! Never has red ever looked so good :joy:

Thanks @MarkF!!!

1 Like