Sharkbook algorithm error

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Sharkbook
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
MacOS Monterey 12.6.5
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Safari 16.5
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Researcher
What happened?
When I try to run the matching algorithm it results in an error message.
What did you expect to happen?
I expected the potential matches to appear.
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Attempt to run a match on an encounter.
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @kellyking

I need more info before I can start researching this further.

• What was the exact error message you saw when you tried to view your match? Next steps depend on which error message you saw. You can see a list of examples and troubleshooting steps on our Matching FAQ page.

Thanks!

Hey Anastasia,

Here is what I see when I try to run a match:

My coworkers and I have attempted to match on multiple different browsers and computers and all are having the same issue. Please let me know if I can provide any more information!

Thank you,
Kelly

I’ve just received the same error trying to match a leopard shark. It’s the same as was happening last month:

Thanks @kellyking and @AFlam for clarifying that it’s an unknown error. Have either of you tried restarting the match? If you have, let me know if you’re still seeing the error even after restarting it.

Hey Anastasia,
I have tried restarting the match and I am getting the same error message.

Thanks for letting me know. I should have an update soon.

We’ve restarted WBIA. Can you re-run a match and let me know if it’s still showing an error?

I tried running new matches on a few sharks and I am still getting the same error message.

Thanks for letting me know. I’m researching what’s going on with WBIA and I’ll update here.

Edited to add encounter links from screenshots for testing: Sharkbook: Wildbook for Sharks

@kellyking @AFlam Sorry about the wait. I just re-ran the matches from both of your encounters and they’re showing match candidates now.

We’ve restarted WBIA with a fresh queue and temporarily removed the leopard shark detector while it gets retrained next week. For leopard sharks, you can match spots or run HotSpotter from “start match”.

Thank you, it is working for me now!

1 Like

Hey Anastasia,
Unfortunately the error message has shown up again.

Thanks for letting us know. We’re looking in to it.

Thanks for waiting! Match is working again. I restarted the match on the encounter you shared and it’s got results now.

Thank you, it is working now!

1 Like