Sighting Search Exports not functioning

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) WIN 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome latest

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?
Went to run exports from Sighting search page and got nothing

What did you expect to happen?
Prompts to save file in format selected - as we do on Encounter Search Export tab and Individual Export tab

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Do a Sighting search and then try to Export data

FYI @ACWadmin1

Hi, @PaulK !
This is indeed a bug. Good catch; thank you. We’re tracking it as WB-1799.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark

Any chance of a status update on this bug fix?

I have a client call on the topic of Exports and I know they will ask.

Thanks

Paul
@ACWadmin1
@MarkF

Hi, @PaulK !
None of us have tackled this one quite yet. I’ll ask @tanyastere to bump it up on my priority list.
Thanks,
Mark

Thank you

Not if it is a problem though.

Regards

Paul

Hey @PaulK ,
While this is valuable, we have some significantly more pressing bugs to deal with right now. I’m keeping this in my awareness, but can’t bring up the priority in the immediate.

Thanks!
Tanya

Hi Tanya

Thanks for the feedback, understand the challenge.

We are waiting on this as part of the integration work we are doing with TrapTagger Trap Tagger About | WildEye

Please do let me know when you can get to this.

Regards

Paul
@ACWadmin1
@MarkF

Hi, @PaulK and @ACWadmin1 !
Ok, I think that I’ve deployed a fix to this that allows for successful download of the occurrence search results.

When I initially inspected the spreadsheet, I thought that it didn’t contain anything, but I scrolled waaaay down and found the correct number of rows full of content.

Are you experiencing the same (spreadsheet download success, followed by weird but technically workable entries in the spreadsheet)?

Is this an ok workaround for now, if I make a (low-priority) ticket to fix the spreadsheet wonkiness?

Many thanks to both of for your patience with this one!
-Mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the follow-up.

My initial testing is not showing any useful results (no data at all in spreadsheet)

Also, only one of the report exports functions.

Did a search for GB300 under Search function

Exported Excel Metadata Summary [Click here]

Got this file
GB300_sightingSearchResults_export_Paul_Admin (sent to you via email)

Thanks

Paul

1 Like

Hi, @PaulK !
Thanks for the feedback! I’ve put the ticket back into “in progress”.
-Mark

Hello!

I have an export problem as well, but for me it does not download anything. I receive an error message.

https://iot.wildbook.org/EncounterSearchExportMetadataExcel?dateaddedpicker1=2021-01-01&dateaddedpicker2=2022-01-06&male=male&female=female&unknown=unknown&alive=alive&dead=dead&numSearchedObs=1&lifeStageField=None&measurementWaterTemperature(operator)=gteq&measurementSalinity(operator)=gteq&measurementcarapacewidth(operator)=gteq&measurementcarapacelength(operator)=gteq&measurementweight(operator)=gteq&label0=None&numResights=1&satelliteTagName=None&biomeasurement13C(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement15N(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement34S(operator)=gteq&state=approved&organizationId=None&projectId=None&username=ORP&submitSearch=Search+Encounters

MacOS 10.15.7, Safari 15.1, researcher account

Thanks for your help!
Kind regards,
Stephanie

Hi, Paul!
I apologize for the later-than-usual follow up here.

So, in the file that you sent me, there IS one result at the very, very bottom of that spreadsheet.

I was able to confirm that searching for “GB300” in the occurrenceID field for sightings search should only yield one result.

I also set this up on my test environment, and the single exported result was at the TOP of my spreadsheet. So. Weird.

But hopefully at least useable in your case.

I was also able to fix the bug for the GTM export download not working in my test environment. I’ll deploy that fix onto ACW as soon as it passes code review.

@ORP-StephanieK , I will deploy those bug fixes onto IoT as soon as possible as well in the optimistic case that IoT has the same bug as ACW.

I will follow up here shortly.
Thanks,
Mark

Hi, @PaulK and @ORP-StephanieK !
The bug fixes have been deployed. Both exports from sightings search should be downloadable now.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi @MarkF !

Thanks, worked for me on first try!

Best,
Steph

1 Like

@PaulK just confirming that the GTM download works for you now and that the download, no matter how ugly, has what it needs?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark

Export is working

Thanks

1 Like