Snail Codex 1 identification re-run + bulk import create thousands of jobs in the queue

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Snail.Wildbook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Latest versions of Microsoft edge and chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
User/Manager

What happened?
I recently re-ran an identification job for a photo with manually added annotations of 3 snails with no other queued jobs. I am currently the only user of the Snail Codex. The re-run was queued behind 1,597 jobs.

As the re-run was processing I wanted to bulk upload a batch of 58 new photos. I uploaded the photos, attached the excel sheet with the meta data, confirmed the columns and pathways and submitted. The bulk upload is now queued behind 5000+ jobs. I have been checking each day for a week to see if the queue goes down.

What did you expect to happen?
I expected the identification job to process and the bulk upload to total to 59 jobs in the queue, and the jobs to process in a few hours at most.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
re-run an identification job and perform a bulk import simultaneously? I’m not sure.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Kupaa welcome to Community!

Let me see what I can find out about what’s going on with the queue numbers, because there are nowhere near that many sightings in Snail Codex yet.

I found a few other bugs in Snail Codex while researching this. I don’t have any updates yet, but I will need more time to dig into why it’s being uncooperative. Thanks for your patience.

A server restart seemed to fix the high queue numbers (in my test it showed queued behind thousands of jobs even though we could see that the queue was empty) and it got the stuck detections running again. I checked your pending sightings and they should all be ready to commit now. Let me know if you see any other odd behavior like this with new uploads.