Species criteria not working in Sighting search

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
Search > Sighting Search > Collected Data Fields - Participating Species > select any of the 3 species listed > click “Search” > “No matches found”

What did you expect to happen?
Sighting search results table filtered by selected species

best
Maureen

Hi, Maureen!

Thank you for this. I reproduced your bug. Notably, the jdo query at the bottom of the search results page includes a mention of an encounter when no such encounter was designated in our search parameters, so I highly suspect that’s the bug.

We’re tracking this bug internally as WB-1568.
Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark, I thought that query line at the bottom was pretty suspicious too…

thanks!
Maureen

Hey, Maureen!
It was a red herring! Looks like the actual problem is that, currently species search for sightings only looks to species designations at the sighting level and doesn’t trickle down to look for encounters-level species designations (which I believe it should). That info. has been added to the ticket.
-M

Huh. And so going forward, what field(s) should we be using in the bulk imports to ensure we populate species at the sighting level as well as the encounter level? I have an older spreadsheet from Wild Me called “Wildbook Database Fields Importable and otherwise” and it doesn’t have any fields at the Occurrence level re: genus & epithet. Only at the encounter level and the MarkedIndividual level. Maybe it’s not bulk importable? But then it’s not editable in the Sighting records either. So if it turns out that it’s not bulk importable, how do we populate the Sighting species field?

Boy I wish I’d known about this sooner… bummer! But thanks for clarifying.

cheers
M

Hey, Maureen!

Chatted with Jason H., and I misspoke. There actually is no sightings-level species parameter. So we have to search for this at the encounter-level. So, you’ll be golden once we implement the fix!
-Mark

Lol! that’s terrific news. thanks Mark!

1 Like

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I believe that this fix has been implemented. Can I trouble you to confirm?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi @MarkF - looks good to me! Thanks for the fix.

1 Like