Spot A Shark USA issues

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Spot A Shark USA

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MS 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Firefox

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? A few small issues to report:

1. Can’t see pictures of sharks from public entry after search - if a non-admin user (like the public) tries to view pictures of a shark, they don’t show up.

2. Some photos don’t have a live link to be able to download. I was pulling together images for an education program and was rushing so I didn’t get to write down encounter numbers. Most of them worked fine, but even within a single encounter with multiple photos, sometimes one of the photo link buttons wouldn’t work.

3. there is an odd tab title on this screen:
    Screenshot 2021-07-07 121850
    This should be a screenshot upload, but not sure it is going through as such.

4. can we change the adoption page? I’d like for adoptions to be a one-time fee of about $20 instead of a recurring charge. How would we set that up?

Thanks y’all!!

What did you expect to happen?

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi, @Carol !
Spot A Shark USA is on the docket for an update!
I will definitely look at these issues when I deploy the new stuff.
We’re tracking the first three issues that you listed here internally under ticket WB-1700.
For the adoptions (the fourth issue you mentioned), we’re tracking internally as
WB-1732.

Thank you for bringing these up!
-Mark

Hi, @Carol !

The updates were just deployed!

1. I could not reproduce your issue with the images not showing up after the update. Could I confirm with you whether this is still an issue? If you happen to find an example, could you post the link here?
  2. Same as above. An example, if any still fail like this, would be awesome!
  3. Should be resolved.
  4. I removed the recurring charges options, and now it’s set such that there is a $15.00 minimum. I can bump that up to 20 if you’d like!

Thanks for you patience, and please let me know whether and how I can help more!
-Mark

Due to time this has remained open, I’m going to go ahead and mark this as resolved. Thanks @MarkF and @Carol .

1 Like

And for the sake of documentation, I did eventually end up changing this to $20 instead of $15 to reflect what was actually requested.
Cheers,
Mark