Super Long Queue/Wait Times

What Wildbook are you working in?

Flukebook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

There has been an incredibly long queue that has been stuck for several days now when trying to run a match. This happens quite often, but usually it clears up within a few hours and I can resume working on matches. This time it seems to be really stuck, as wait times have been averaging around 13 hours for the past week. Is there any way you guys can kick the bad job on your end when this happens so that the queue can move forward?

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

Attempting to run any match is met with the long wait times.

Hi @UR-Stelle

I only see 2 pending jobs in the queue right now, though it’s also giving me the 792 minute estimate.

We did have an issue with low disk space in Flukebook and Zebra Codex that fixed yesterday. That estimated time is based on how long it took to process more recent jobs and since the server was low on disk space, that estimate is not likely to be accurate.

To reference a previous post from Jason on the matter:

One thing to keep in mind with the time estimate: it is a reflection of past work only and doesn’t make a prediction. The last job may have taken 18 minutes to turnaround, but if the queue is empty, it may not take 18 minutes for a new job. Currently, the time estimate is noting that the turaround time is about 15 minutes, but in fact there is nothing in the queue, so a single ID job is likely to complete much, much faster than that.

Hi @UR-Stelle

I just got an update about the current state of Flukebook jobs: Jobs that couldn’t run due to the server running out of space are now being resubmitted. As a result there’s now a large backlog. Smaller jobs have been prioritized ahead of larger ones.

Okay, thank you. Do you have any idea how long it might take for this backlog to go through? The wait time is still stuck on the 792 minute wait time which seems to be accurate as my matches will not go through and they always eventually end up at the “attempting to fetch results” screen.

There were about 600 jobs last night and 300 ones left about an hour ago. I’d say give it another day or so based on that.

Hello!

I hate to be impatient, but there still seems to be no improvement on my end a week later. A match that I started yesterday is still stuck in the “attempting to fetch results” stage and any new match attempts still will not go through today. There is no longer any display of estimated wait times or whether the queue is open or waiting on jobs. Is there anything that can be done? Or is there something I’m doing wrong on my end?

Thank you for your patience and help.

No trouble at all! Since I didn’t hear back from you within a couple of days, I assumed you were all set here.

The Flukebook server was restarted this morning due to some large stuck jobs that weren’t processing correctly. There’s currently a backlog of 1100 jobs in there right now.

Check in with me tomorrow if there’s still no movement so I can research this further.

1 Like

The queue is down to 99 jobs today and it looks like your import completed all of its ID jobs:

Sorry about the all the churn on this one. Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, even though the queue does look to be open, a new match still will not go through :frowning: I’m not sure why I’m experiencing so much trouble! Sorry about that.

This match also says it is still attempting to fetch the results, from 2 days ago:

Are you able to view any match results from that import?

Can you also email me the spreadsheet from this import just to rule out if anything in it is making Flukebook act up? services@wildme.org

Yes, I was running matches from this import without issues before the program got really backed up. I’ll send the import sheet over.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve got Jon and JH looking into why Flukebook is being a problem child right now. I’ll let you know if I need anything else from you or when I have an update.

1 Like

Just a quick update: I was able to successfully run a match from that import a few minutes ago :smiley:

The queue is open and seems to be running smoothly now. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. :smiling_face: