Unable to assign identity

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Spotting Giant Sea Bass

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) macOS 10.15.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Researcher

What happened? After entering the ID (GSB163) in “Existing individual” for this encounter it initial populates the header with the correct ID, but after I refreshed the page and it still reads “Encounter Unassigned”. However the encounter shows up in the query for GSB163 as Unassigned

What did you expect to happen?I expected the encounter to be added to the marked individual, GSB163.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?This encounter > Identity > Add to marked individual > Existing individual = GSB163 > Add > Close edit > Refresh the page

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hello,

I can replicate the behavior you described, although the example you sent seemed to ‘resolve itself’ after a couple attempts. I’m also able to see it display this error on a test encounter.

Have you assigned other ID’s successfully since the upgrade, or seen this in other exampled?

Through some testing, it seems that the new ID does not display on the encounter page, but the encounter is found in the list on the marked individual page. This suggests a display problem while the data connections are intact.

I’m tracking this with work ticket WB-662 and will keep you up to date on progress.

Please let me know any details about issue frequency, consistency and when it started happening.

Thanks.

Hi @colin,

I had this same exact problem on the Sea Bass site today.

I went to assign an existing ID to a new encounter and after I added the new ID and closed the edit, the new ID appeared, but then disappeared after I refreshed the page. I suspect it’s also a display problem, as you noted, because the encounter does appear in the marked individual page.

Have you been able to make any progress on this issue?

Thanks,
Molly

@mollymorse @katelinseeto

Hello,

I’ve deployed a fix for this issue today and tested it on the SGSB site. Please let
me know if you see this behavior again.

Thanks for reporting it, the fix was needed on other platforms as well.

1 Like