Unable to name individuals

What Wildbook are you working in? Whale Sharks

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? Sharkbook: Wildbook for Sharks

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? I can no longer name/nickname an individual shark. Instead it goes to a payment site. It would be great if we could still name a shark, even if the name is not visible to the public so they can still go and adopt a shark and name it (and support WildMe).

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks for flagging this, @chris! Let me share this with the team and I’ll follow up with you when I have an update.

Hi @chris, as a workaround, click the Edit button beneath the Nickname Me button. Add a new nickname there and click Update, then the Close Edit button. Refresh the page and your new nickname should display. I just tested this and it let me add a nickname this way without prompting for an adoption donation.

I’m going to update this Support request to a Bug Report while we address the original issue.

Hi @Anastasia,

Thanks for looking into this! Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find an “edit” button under the nickname me button, or anywhere else…What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for letting me know. I’ve escalated this issue to our devs. Can you let me know what you want to nickname the shark so I can add it for you in the meantime?

That’s ok, it is more of a general question applicable to multiple sharks, but it is nothing crucial.

Well, if you eventually have a handful of sharks that need nicknames, let me know and I’ll assign them!

Thanks for flagging the issue for us so we can address this in a future Sharkbook update. I’m going to mark this as closed since there’s no action needed from me right now.