Urgent: missing annotations on ID'd animals upload - repeat of WB-768?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? Latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened? An upload that was done June 22 of all ID’d individuals of this species has quite a few that are missing annotations which means we aren’t able to run matching. This is an urgent issue because the approach the researcher is taking for this dataset is to run matching from the ID’d encounters against the un-ID’d census photos.
I believe this is due to the bug that was recently discovered and fixed.

If that’s the case, we will need all bulk uploads that were done prior to this bug fix, re-run through detection. The first priority would be this June 22nd upload, please.
Ex record: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=5ef103fc-569d-47f2-becc-87d068aac1d9

This looks like it was some kind of IA failure, but since it occurred over a month ago, it’s hard to diagnose why. I reissued the same IA job, and there was no failure, and I am now seeing new bounding boxes. Please let me know if you see the issue again.

For WB-768, we are waiting on the issue to occur with your newer imports. If it doesn’t, our fix worked. If it does, then a new fix is needed.

1 Like