URGENT- no images being retained in encounters SeadragonSearch- server space issue?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) all submitters affected

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? no encounters submitted for the last 3 days have had images retained/saved. i assume the sever has run out of space. this is about the third or 4th time this has happened and it is very embarrassing and difficult to redress with citizen scientists. i thought last time an alert had been set up to warn when the server was getting full… eeep!

What did you expect to happen? encounters to have images in them

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? I easily reproduced the issue by submitting an encounter

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

It looks like Encounters submitted on March 7-9 are affected. Anything submitted on the 10th and 11th appear normal. I need a little more time to research this and see what can be done about the past submissions.

It sounds like Jason helped you with this over the weekend and cleared up disk space, which is why the more recent encounters are loading images correctly. Unfortunately that does mean you’ll have to proactively reach out to the submitters to request that they resubmit the encounters.

We’re looking into better monitoring for disk space issues so we can address them more quickly. I’m sorry about the friction this has caused.

Thanks Anastasia, much appreciated, and yes Jason helped out in the meantime, cheers

1 Like