Visual Matcher for DragonSearch

What Wildbook should this feature be in?

DragonSearch/seadragons

What would you like to see?

• Search function by key words, or checkboxes to show all the dragons that have neck flag damage, dorsal flag damage, etc.
  • Being able to sort the encounters by biological sample codes, individual ID numbers, dates (currently shows multiple encounters of one ID, which is not useful in sorting through the most likely matches once we’ve established that an individual does not belong to another individual’s time series)
    *Be able to zoom in gradually on photos side by side

How would this functionality help you?

Help us to use the visual matching tool more efficiently and become more accurate in creating a baseline of individuals with time series.

Hi @ChrissyTustison!
I agree that search and sort are valuable integrations with visual matcher, and when we start looking at how to make improvements to that page, those will be top of the list.

However, I’m not sure what you mean by “Be able to zoom in gradually on photos side by side”. Can you explain that a bit more in-depth with what you’re trying to accomplish and how you see it working?
Thanks,
Tanya

Hi Tanya! Yes- so what I mean by zooming is that the way it works right now, you can look at two photos side by side, but can’t zoom in or out on them. It would be great to be able to zoom in gradually on the seadragons in two photos to compare them more closely. The “gradual” part is just to make it more fine-tuned and give us more control. Let me know if that makes sense! Thanks, Chrissy

Hi @tanyastere and @jason- this is another one that would be good to follow up on when we meet!

Due to the limitations of the foundational technology, we’re going to look at rewriting the visual matcher in the next generation product. No further investment is planned in the visual matcher.