Release notes for April 2021
Hey everyone! Here are the details of the major work completed last month.
Wildbook DOI for April release
To reference Wildbook in a publication, use the following DOI:
- Improved google maps display for GPS coordinates.
- Users can cycle through annotations in an Encounter Gallery image, allowing for easier navigation and clearer understanding.
- Added additional formats for import and export of genetic data.
We have a new Wildbook community starting up: amphibian-reptile.wildbook.org. Presently focused on fire salamanders, but with plans to add toads and other species soon!
- Added Eurasian Lynx support
- Added Persian Leopard support
African Carnivore Updates
- New location sites added.
- New social relationship groups and roles added.
- WB-1606 Special characters now better supported in Sighting IDs.
- WB-1604 Non-primary annotations now display correctly in IA results.
- WB-1602 Bulk import option to send to detection no longer sends to identification as well.
- WB-1598 Bulk imports detection operations no longer resulting in missing detections.
- WB-1591 Bulk imports no longer stripping special characters from all strings.
- WB-1588 Whaleshark.org no longer setting annotations to rhinocondon typus.
- WB-1573 Tasks can no longer recursively refer to themselves.
- WB-1569 Encounter.occurrenceRemarks no longer getting imported twoce.
- WB-1548 MantaMatcher CR display has been corrected.
- WB-1539 Submission page no longer defaults to expensive all-location ID jobs.
- WB-1537 Missing images no longer returning an error.
- WB-1196 Inspect links on IAResults are no longer displayed if there are no results associated.
- WB-652 Media assets added via the encounter page now display correctly.
Wildbook-IA Release Notes
The following updates were made to WBIA last month.
- SAGE-252 New ID support with PIE V2 on whale sharks (thanks Olga Moskvyak) and upcoming support for snow leopards [also SAGE-6, SAGE-265, SAGE-281].
- SAGE-252 Added ID support with CurvRank V2 on fin whales, grey whales, and whale sharks, including a new multi-species dorsal detector [also SAGE-45].
- SAGE-257 Analysis on ID performance for SDRP dolphin dorsal fins shows remarkable accuracy in ranking recall, especially for distinctive find [also SAGE-258].
- SAGE-172 New detection and orientation support for beluga whales (Delphinapterus leucas) for soon-to-be-announced public competition dataset [also SAGE-171, SAGE-280].
- SAGE-248 New detection support for grey seals (Halichoerus grypus), trained as a multi-species seal detector.
- SAGE-263 Upgraded detection support for cheetahs (Acinonyx jubatus) along with performance reports for cheetahs and spotted hyenas [also SAGE-264, SAGE-195].
- SAGE-260 Fix automated deployment for “whiskerbook” WBIA using PostgreSQL and HotSpotter matching failures.
- SAGE-259 Fix data migration issue from Flukebook.
- SAGE-261 Updated automatic security alert rules for secure storage volumes.