Release notes for December 2021
Hey everyone! Here are the details of the major work completed over the last month.
Wildbook DOI for December release
To reference Wildbook in a publication, use the following DOIs:
For all Wildbooks
- Improved security for all Wildbooks with refreshed security keys.
- Audit logs show name changes for encounters and individuals.
- Bulk import improvements to better indicate the status of processing.
- Bulk import log has been upgraded to a better searching format, allowing the ability to search historical tasks quickly.
- New encounter submissions now include species in email updates.
- WB-1898: Hotspotter support added for leopard (a.k.a. zebra) sharks
- About Us logos have been resized.
- Increased the picture book maximum from 10 to 250 individuals.
- New location IDs.
Seadragon Search updates
- Custom text removed from the submission page.
- WB-1897: Encounter excel export is created accurately with measurements.
- WB-1894: Errors are handled during scan comparisons for spot mapping.
- WB-1872: Seadragon Search encounters had detection re-run.
- WB-1859: Non-admin users can edit their email addresses on their profile.
- WB-1701: Project filter restored on iaResults and encounter submission.
Wildbook-IA Release Notes
The following updates were made to WBIA last month:
- SAGE-484: Release of Wildbook IA Version 4.0 on GitHub, PyPI, and Docker Hub, with updated documentation on ReadTheDocs. The WBIA project has been modernized in how it builds for multiple platforms (e.g., Homebrew on macOS, Docker Buildx for multi-arch containers, removing pypkg-build on GitHub CI Actions). Furthermore, old detection and ID plug-ins have been removed from the standard build process and archived on GitHub. [also SAGE-483, SAGE-467]
- SAGE-406: Upgraded C++ pyastar implementation to pyastar2d by Weideman in the CurvRank V2 plug-in. [also SAGE-493]
- SAGE-480: Added formal support for Elephant ear contour ID with CurvRank V2.
- SAGE-473: HotSpotter match rendering failures due to dependency library version update, fixed all known failures, and added monitoring for future silent errors. [also SAGE-481, SAGE-491]
- SAGE-479: PyTorch DataLoader resizing error in the WBIA orientation plug-in.
- SAGE-495: Added support for camel case dependency cache (depc) tables names when using SQLAlchemy with PostgreSQL.
- SAGE-490: Fixed FLANN memory leak and added automatic failure disk clean-up on container start. [also SAGE-482]
- SAGE-492: Fixed empty image UUID API failures with the background job engine.