Release notes for (February &) March 2021
Hey everyone! Here are the details of the major work completed over the last two months.
Wildbook DOI for February and March release
To reference Wildbook in a publication, use the following DOI:
For all Wildbooks
- All platforms now leverage MailChimp instead of MailJet.
- Jaguar Wildbook rebranded as Whiskerbook.
Kitizen Science updates
- Changed icons for cat ear tips.
- Adjusted how percentage agreement is calculated.
- Admin view allows full or day-by-day view.
- Encounters without locationID are flagged.
- New locations have been added.
- New species have been added, including spinner dolphin.
Seadragon Search updates
- New locations have been added.
- Update email copy and logos.
Zebra Wildbook updates
- Labelled keywords adjusted.
- New locations added.
Leopard Shark Wildbook updates
New locations have been added.
African Carnivore Wildbook updates
- WB-1545 Admins no longer locked out of editing individual names.
- WB-1542 ACW email unsubscribe links broken by switch to MailChimp.
- WB-1533 Seadragon image not going through IA upon upload.
- WB-1520 Seadragon no longer missing location IDs.
- WB-1489 Collaboration security has a directional dependence and needs to be bi-directional.
- WB-1476 Bulk import messes up the parsed import table.
- WB-1440 Identification of a bulk import no longer compiles all results into in iaResults page.
- WB-1439 Labeled keywords can only be edited in an edit collaboration.
- WB-1264 iaResult.jsp is a giant security hole
- WB-1216 Get giraffespotter-specific stuff to play well with project displayNames in iaResults.jsp
- WB-906 Resolved detection issue with multiple cats in same image.
- WB-793 Re-establish DKIM and SPF certs for domains.
- WB-712 Restrict individual name editing to edit collaborations.
Wildbook-IA Release Notes
The following updates have been made to WBIA over the past two months.
- SAGE-225 - Curated a large-scale research database for ID matching with Grevy’s zebra, will be used to evaluate performance of new LCA curation algorithm [also SAGE-187]
- SAGE-17 - Curated dataset of 5,000 dorsal fin edge tracings, exported for use in training new ID algorithms like CurvRank V2 and FinFindR [also SAGE-31, SAGE-41, SAGE-44, SAGE-170, SAGE-188, SAGE-193]
- SAGE-57 - Completed the prototype plug-in for LCA and integrated into latest Docker image for beta-level testing [also SAGE-58, SAGE-250, SAGE-251]
- SAGE-32 - Integrated CurvRank V2 ID plug-in with new models for dorsal fins (for nearly a dozen species), humpback whale flukes, and elephant ears [also SAGE-256, SAGE-34, SAGE-201]
- SAGE-191 - Upgraded speed of on-demand CurvRank V2 matching by around 30% by pre-rendering match images during feature computation
- SAGE-9 - Evaluate CurvRank V2 ID retrieval performance on large dataset, seeing improvement of about 10% compared to FinFindR and CurvRank V1 for large dataset
- SAGE-19 - New ID support with PIE for gray whales and PIE V2 prototyping for whale shark ID [also SAGE-189]
- SAGE-194 - New detection support for spotted hyeana (Crocuta crocuta)
- SAGE-255 - New detection support for fire salamander (Salamandra salamandra)
- SAGE-255 - Upgraded detection support for Nassau grouper (Epinephelus striatus)
- SAGE-67 - New match verification support for mountain zebras and enable it during ID curation [also SAGE-183]
- SAGE-13 - New support for turtle body and head assignments during detection phase [also SAGE-96]
- SAGE-179 - New blog post explaining the technology and benefits of using body/part assignments
- SAGE-214 - Refresh WBIA interface with new Wild Me branding, fix new interface bugs, and remove out-dated references [also SAGE-66, SAGE-210, SAGE-198, SAGE-216, SAGE-221]
- SAGE-180 - Re-organize WBIA documentation in the Wild Me Docs
- SAGE-43 - Added Wildbook-IA Quick Start materials for Flukebook
- SAGE-209 - Migrate two physical machines to dedicated data center for improved reliability
- SAGE-15 - Added wild-card sub-domain SSL support to Azure instances and refresh reverse proxy
- SAGE-96 - Fix runtime model loading error on IoT for body/part assignments
- SAGE-183 - Fix bad mountain zebra ID redirect using the graph algorithm interface
- SAGE-189 - Fix Tensorflow versioning issue inside
- SAGE-198 - Annotation review interface shows viewpoints that are not correct
- SAGE-210 - Detection pipeline demo page is stuck on the classification step