Release notes for June 2021
Hey everyone! Here are the details of the major work completed over the last month.
Wildbook DOI for June release
To reference Wildbook in a publication, use the following DOIs:
- Amphibians and reptiles are now being supported at amphibian-reptile.wildbook.org.
- Groupers are now being supported at grouperspotter.org.
For all Wildbooks
- We have changed to a new adoption subscription manager. If you would like to allow adoptions on your platform to help cover costs, contact email@example.com for more information.
- New locations have been added to IOT, Whiskerbook, and Amphibian & Reptile Wildbook.
- Platforms leveraging spotmapping scans are now restricted to 50 spots per scan.
African Carnivore updates
- Brown hyenas are now available and support matching.
- New organizations have joined the community and have been added to the platform.
IndoCet custom import form has been updated.
Seadragon Search updates
MantaMatcher has been shifted to a standardized VM, reducing support overhead.
- WB-1696: EXIF rotation in IA results is now more consistent.
- WB-1691: Job tasks are now correctly associating with annotations.
- WB-1690: Individual reference numbers are associating correctly.
- WB-1687: Manual annotations species are getting the needed reference IDs for MediaAssets and Annotations for the catalog to build correctly.
- WB-1686: MantaMatcher encounter pages are displaying assets correctly.
- WB-1684: Whaleshark.org successfully allows encounter submission after projects-related database error was resolved.
- WB-1680: Individual thumbnails no longer duplicating in the gallery.
- WB-1672: Bulk imports can be deleted.
- WB-1665: Users are informed of query with no match-against set before running the job.
- WB-1661: Lynx encounters pages are now displaying assets correctly.
- WB-1652: Adoption exception was resolved.
- WB-1648: Single-asset uploads handle special characters.
- WB-1632: Manual annotation no longer shrinks and offsets the annotation display.
- WB-1593: Country propogates to cloned encounters.
- WB-1580: Usernames can be updated by admins and the account retain access to owned encounters.
- WB-1568: Sightings search by species is working.
- WB-1566: Bulk import instructions for Zebra Wildbook now display.
- WB-1556: Marked Individual cache for SAS USA builds correctly.
- WB-1553: IoT annotations no longer being split based on species categorization issues.
- WB-1519: IA Results are correctly filtering by project again.
- WB-1505: Match results take the user to the correct annotation.
- WB-1482: Shark images are correctly displayed from grid on SAS USA.
- WB-1455: Manual annotation page now handles image filename paths with unsupported characters.
- WB-1392: Manual annotation tool correctly displays existing annotations.
- WB-775: Bulk import processes special characters.
- WB-668: Required fields in manual submissions have been clarified.
Wildbook-IA Release Notes
The following updates were made to WBIA last month.
- SAGE-293: Presented two posters at CVPR workshop “CV 4 Animals” on 1) the continual ID curation problem and 2) CurvRank V2
- SAGE-199: Wild Horse detection and ID report and new support added for wild horse face ID with PIE V2 [also SAGE-272, SAGE-323]
- SAGE-329: Exported evaluation results for SDRP for dorsal fin matching and to support independent verification against algorithms like FinFindR
- SAGE-325: Investigated reports of matching errors using HotSpotter for Grevys zebra
- SAGE-324: New dataset annotation work for Beluga whale calves [SAGE-327]
- SAGE-324: New dataset annotation work for elephant ear contours [SAGE-326]
- SAGE-20: New CurvRank V2 and PIE V2 support for gray whales added to WBIA and deployed to Flukebook [SAGE-298]
SAGE-236: Successful simulation results using LCA on large datasets for Grevy’s zebra * proving viability and accuracy [also many others]