4. Issue: Instructions for use? Also, does not appear to be a means to assign Alpha status. What is relationship between Ind 1 and Ind 2 ? What is intent for Descriptor field?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome latest

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?

Instructions for use? Also, does not appear to be a means to assign Alpha status. What is relationship between Ind 1 and Ind 2 ? What is intent for Descriptor field?

What did you expect to happen?
Need to be able to assign Alpha status or have it come over from elsewhere in system when it exists

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

See sample data provided

Hi @PaulK, thanks for posting!
It seems like there’s a couple of requests tied up in here. Let me make sure I’ve got them straight:

1. documentation on how to use the social relationships functionality
  2. seems to be missing values from the relationship type dropdown, including Alpha
  3. guidance on use of the Descriptor field

Did I catch everything? Did I understand what I picked up on?
Tanya

Thanks Tanya
You are correct in your breakdown.

Probably the Alpha issue is a bug while the rest are Support.

Paul

Good to know! I’ll get the documentation you’re requesting up on the wiki today, and I will provide the link here by close of business.

Are any other relationships missing?

Alright, here is the link for the documentation: Marked Individual | Wild Me Docs

Also, the ability to assign an Alpha is present and working within ACW. To assign an alpha, or any other role that is a role as related to the group, such as scout, use Social Group Membership.
Sorry for the misinformation earlier. At this point, I think we have everything documented and I have confirmed the functionality, so I am going to mark this as resolved. Let me know if there’s anything that I missed though.
Thanks!
Tanya