Access Denied to assign Managing Researcher

What Wildbook are you working in? Leopard sharks

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? Wildbook for Leopard Sharks | Login

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? Cannot assign managing researcher -get access denied error

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing? Click on assign managing researcher

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hello, David!

I’ve been able to confirm that currently, only admins are permitted to assign managing researchers to an encounter and that drobinson’s account on the leopardshark wildbook is not an admin.

This seems intentional, but I am confirming with the team.
Thank you,
Mark

Hi, David!

I followed up with my teammates, and we agree that we should add the ability to assign managing researchers to orgAdmins as well. There is now a ticket for that, which we’ll be tracking as: WB-1470.

Hi Mark,

That’s great; will you let me know when it’s done please?

Thank you

David

Hello,

I’ve just deployed a change for this issue. It should allow you to reassign submitter ID with the orgAdmin role if ether:

1. You are assigning submitter on an encounter that did not already have a submitter.

2. You are reassigning submitter on an encounter who’s previous submitter you are in an organization with.

This should be live on the leopardshark server now.

1 Like