ACW detection jobs not completing

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? A user has reported that bulk import tasks she had pushed to detection prior to the outage this past weekend seem to have stopped with just one or 2 detections left to complete in each batch. Other bulk imports have been loaded and processed through detection since these were uploaded so these appear stuck.

Would it be possible to force the “send to identification” button to display on these bulk imports so that the user can proceed with ID? Any missed detections can be added manually by the user.

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

This is happening because there are some medi assets submitted that are not JPGs an don’t get accepted by WBIA. So we se results like this:

Total media assets: 132

* Number with acmIDs: 131
* Number that have completed detection: 131

Currentl the logic to advance to ID needs 132/132 to display the button. We want the data perfectly clean.

However, in this case this is just an additional media asset (often a video) that we can ignore.

Let me see if I can build a little more fault tolerance into this checking to allow media assets that should not go to ML to be ignored.

More soon,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @ACWadmin1

I changed the logic to compare images that have been through detection against not the entire list of media (which may contain videos…I have seen these getting added, which is fine) but rather against the list of images that should be supported by ML. You’ll see the list displayed with a new row: “Number valid for image analysis”. This is the new value that helps us track what should go through ML and is done. Because this is a logic change in bulk import, I would appreciate it if you could keep an eye out as to whether it blocks new or legacy imports from running ID. But for the bulk imports listed above in this thread, I now see them all able to send to ID.

Total media assets: 132
Number with acmIDs: 131
Number valid for image analysis: 131
Number that have completed detection: 131

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Thanks so much @jason. I’ll keep an ear and eye open for any issues that come up around the ID ML. And I’ll keep advising new users to not upload anything that isn’t .jpg or .png…

cheers
Maureen

1 Like