ACW frozen again - another bot storm?

Hi @jason - ACW is inaccessible again - clicking on the link to the website - nothing happening.

thanks!
M

Restarted. Same issue. Sudden, heavy bot traffic.

1 Like

@jason Jason, is this Bot storm targeting this general site or ACW in particular?

The fact that we moved to a secure site could be working against us, even if we are not the target?

Thanks

Also, site has been inaccessible for at least an hour + now. I haven’t wanted to bother you bec I didn’t need to login right away and none of our users are on yet. But they will be later tonight PT.

Could you re-start the server again please? and is there anything else we can do to prevent this? Multiple occurrences per day is getting worrisome.

thanks!
M

Restarted. The backend exists in the secure site and does not have a published endpoint. It has not been the subject of the bot traffic.

The frontend in Azure is the public access point and has been getting repeated traffic. We have seen this elsewhere, but it generally lasts no more than a few iterations.

I have set up a monitor to watch for this faster. I am also looking at what points grab database connections, which may stack up under heavy load. Because of silo security, your site doesn’t have a lot of these. But I’ll review.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like