ACW location ID update questions

Hi @jason,

As discussed recently, we need to migrate our current users’ data in ACW from the old, broad location IDs, to the lower level location IDs we’ve newly added. This is to both reduce the processing burden on WBIA as well as to improve matching success for users. I’m working on the queries needed to make the change in the existing data in the database and I have some questions, as I’m trying to work out the simplest, easiest way to make the changes.

• Can the location ID change script use the country name in the encounter record field “Encounter.country” to be the new location ID? Ex. If the Encounter.country field reads “Botswana” can the SQL change to the matching location ID of “Botswana”?
    (If so, any encounters where the Encounter.country field is blank would be ignored - i.e. their location IDs would remain as is)

• Can the SQL change be by Org instead of user ID?

• If so, does it matter if the Organization name and Affiliation name don’t match?
  • Will the change of location ID to existing encounters affect existing match results pages?

• Assuming you/Wild Me will be executing the SQL changes in the database, as discussed, can we schedule the data migration for a specific date so that users can be notified so they can change their new imports, as of that cutover date, to the new location ID.

Thanks!
Maureen

cc: @PaulK

Hi @ACWadmin1

Since it sounds like this is an extension of a discussion you previously had with Jason, your best bet is to follow up with him directly via email.

Hi @Anastasia, per my reply to my other support request posted today, @jason has asked us to continue to post all support requests on the forum.

Please re-open this and the other post so that we can get them both resolved in the best way possible.

thanks
Maureen

I’ve already verified that this is a topic you should discuss with him directly. I apologize for any confusion.