Add Altitude to Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook

What Wildbook should this feature be in?
ARW

What would you like to see?
Hi,
may I request a new feature? I think it would be very useful to have altitude in the location info for each encounter. This could be the column “Encounter.decimalAltitude” in a bulk import sheet.

How would this functionality help you?
Especially, in hilly areas this might be important when studying the movement of fire salamanders.

Cheers,
Max

I hope, I have not just missed it that this feature already exists.

Hi @Max.Muehlenhaupt

This was just a configuration change. It has now been turned on.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi Jason,
I have just tried a bulk import using “Encounter.decimalElevation” as a column in the spreadsheet. Unfortunately the entire column was marked yellow (“Yellow indicates that a field was not present, or that nothing could be determined about it.”).
I will send the bulk import sheet via eMail.
Is this feature still missing in the bulk import? If so, it would be really helpful to have it included.

Aaaand, you were right, elevation is the correct word, not altitude :wink:

Hi @Max.Muehlenhaupt

Encounter.elevation should now be importable via bulk import. Can you please give it a try?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason, didn’t work: field was “yellow” (“Yellow indicates that a field was not present, or that nothing could be determined about it.”)

Thanks, Max

Hi @Max.Muehlenhaupt

Can you please send your spreadsheet to jason at wildme dot org? I will try it myself.

Thank you,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @Max.Muehlenhaupt

Looks like the fix for elevation was never deployed. I deployed it, and I now see it importing correctly.

Thank you,
Jason

1 Like

Great, thank you - I will try it out!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Encounter.Elevation autofilling when empty