Encounter.Elevation autofilling when empty

Hi,

I just noticed that during a Bulk Import, empty cells in the excel-import-sheet are replaced with an elevation of 0 in the column Encounter.Elevation in the Parsed Import Table, while empty cells for longitude and latitude in the import-sheet remain empty.
I guess it would be helpful if the elevation column was handled like longitude and latitude columns, because in case of measurement errors the values have to be deleted either way.
Could this be implemented?

Best regards,
Saskia

1 Like

Hi @Saskia.Ebert

Can you please share your spreadsheet with services@wildme.org? I’ll take a look. The first thing I would check is whether the cell type of Encounter.elevation is of a format that forces a zero value. On our side, the code would only put a 0 if there was a zero present. We don’t force a 0 value.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason

Just solved the problem. Must have been my fault. :see_no_evil:
Before my post in the forum, I checked the format types of the columns, and they were the same for longitude and latitude columns as for the elevation column. Even after I reformatted the entire columns the problem occurred. But I just tried what happens, when I copy all the data from the sheet I was using and just paste the values into a new excel-sheet and now it works, so I guess you were right and there was a problem with the cell format anywhere and I just didn’t find it.
Thank you anyway and sorry!

Best regards,
Saskia

1 Like