Adding a Column for Photographer's Name in Bulk Imports

Hello Anastasia,

We want to add a column in our bulk import that will allow us to know the name of the photographer who took the photo. I wanted to check with you what is possible to do so that it can work with Flukebook.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @rebeca

Yes, you can include the photographer’s information in your bulk import spreadsheet. We have the full list of available fields here: Bulk Import (beta) - Wild Me Documentation

• Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress - This field is for the photographer’s email address. Can be used by itself.
  • Encounter.photographer0.fullName - This field is for the photographer’s name. Requires the Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress field as well or else the photographer’s name will not save to the encounter.

Hello Anastasia,

I am currently importing new bulk imports, but I have a problem with the photographer’s name. Indeed, all the columns of the excel appear in green once imported except those concerning the column “Encounter.photographer0.fullName” with as name of photographer “Shane Gero” but that appears in yellow. I’ve also imported the “Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress” column, which appears in green. Do you have any idea what’s wrong?

Have a nice day,

Can you email your spreadsheet to services@wildme.org so I can take a look?

I’ve just forwarded it to you, thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have two things to note:

1. I checked the description for the Encounter.photographer0.fullName in our bulk import help docs to see if there were any restrictions there:

When the photographer is an existing Wildbook user, only include the Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress field.

Whatever is in Encounter.photographer0.fullName will be ignored in favor of what the system associates with the user’s email address.

Because Shane’s email address in Encounter.photographer0.emailAddress is associated with his account in Flukebook, it’s ignoring what you’ve entered in the Encounter.photographer0.fullName field. This is normal behavior.

1. You’ve entered a first and last name in the Encounter.submitterID field, but this needs to be the username you use to sign into Flukebook so that these encounters are assigned to you. For some reason, Wildbook doesn’t validate this field. When a valid username is not entered, it leaves the encounters unassigned and you won’t be able to confirm matches for them.

Your next steps to fix your spreadsheet are:

• Delete the Encounter.photographer0.fullName field
  • Add a username to the Encounter.submitterID field

Very well, I understand better what was blocking it, thank you.

Wishing you a good day,

1 Like