Adding Annotation to Run Match

What Wildbook are you working in? Internet of Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? While trying to add an annotation to run the matching from for the carapace, I am able to complete all of the steps. However when I save it, it give me a different message and adds an annotation but I cannot got to it or use it to run the matching. Also when I try and go to the “clone encounter” to run the matching from it take me to a different page where I need to pick which encounter I would like to got to. I attached screenshots below as I think it will explain it a bit better. I am not sure why this is happening as it works fine for other encounters, let me know if there is anything I should do differently.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing? Try adding an annotation to this specific encounter and running the match from it.

Thank you for all of your help

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks for letting us know @linaelsayed03

Is this the only encounter this is happening with? Or does any encounter you need to manually annotate do this, too?

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I sometimes get the same message after saving the encounter but it will usually still be on the main encounter so I can still run a match. This is the only encounter that I can remember right now but if anything similar comes up I will let you know.

Thank you again for your help.

1 Like

Hi,

Just ran into the same issue with this encounter when trying to add an annotation. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the additional examples!

I don’t have any updates for you yet. I let you know if we have any follow-up questions or solutions. Even though we’re traveling next week, we’ll still be working. We’ll just be available at odd hours.

No worries at all, it isn’t urgent at all so no need to worry about it next week. Please enjoy your travels :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re still working on this one. We think this might be an old bug that only impacted older encounters (since these were from 2022). I’m waiting for some additional investigation from another teammate for more details.

Sorry I missed updating you on this one! I validated that this was in fact, fixed with a previous Wildbook update. I checked you example links and only one is still active and it appears normal now.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this!

Doesn’t seem to be working for me still, could you try with this link?

Sorry to disturb you with this again,

I tried submitting an encounter to the Project as well and it doesn’t seem to be going through either.

This is the encounter in question.

Could just be my connection though.
Thank you again

I think we’re talking about two different issues. This topic was about annotations linking to undefined encounters. It sounds like the example links you provided are related to this open issue, which is still being worked on: Adding Encounters to Project

1 Like

Sorry about that, I was in fact talking about the adding encounters to project.

Thank you again for everything.

1 Like