Annotation side incorrect

What Wildbook are you working in? Grouperspotter

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
If an image has been annotated but the side it has been labeled is incorrect or maybe could be both up and right like the image above is there a way to change it or add two sides to the image? or do you just delete the annotation and add a new one? Can you select both up and right for the side in a new annotation?

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Just to follow up in the example above and others I see the platform is trying to match to fish that are clearly on the wrong side because of the annotation of up. which is why if there was an option for up/right or front/right it would be more effective.

Hi @accfish

Fixing an individual viewpoint’s annotation does not exist in the current system, and you are right that the way to work around this is to delete the annotation and draw a new one.

We are planning on making annotation correction (rather than forcing an entire redraw) part of the next generation interface,

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason Ok, so is there an option to annotate an image and put two different sides on one annotation? I believe this was an option when we were training the platform. For instance top/right?
If not and the shot is clearly right but also a topside view would it be worth annotating it twice so it tried to match twice using different view points? Or if this doesn’t make sense should be err on the side of right of left unless it is really a full top view or tail view to get the most appropriate matches.

Sorry if this is confusing

Sorry “we err” not “be err”

Hi @accfish

When we match a “right” viewpoint, we also consider the top-right, bottom-right, front-right, back-right, etc. viewpoints for matching. I recommend labeling a manual annotation with the dominant viewpoint left or right for these fish as it doesn’t sound like straight down or straight up shots are common or useful for mark-recapture. We’ll then also match against the complementary viewpoints to ensure we’re considering non-optimal angles too.

Thanks,
Jason