Annotations are materially offset on media assets

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
All annotations in an image are showing up offset from the actual animals in the image. But when you click on Add Annotation, the annotations are shown more accurately on the animals in the image.

https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=ae896b74-83a0-4341-bd5f-46ab26414a00

I selected the Add Annotation function because I thought one of the animals in the above encounter image was not detected. But in the image in the Add Annotation tab, the annotations are more accurately placed on each animal in the image.

Paul has noted the same offset annotations issue in a number of encounters he’s checked this am as well. When he did an Add Annotation on a different encounter media asset when that functionality was first delivered, he did not see this same issue.

What did you expect to happen?
I expected the annotations in the thumbnail image on the initial encounter page to be more accurately placed over each animal and I expected that the matching image on the Add Annotation page would have the identical placement of the annotations as in the original media asset.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Use link above to view difference in annotation placements between the thumbnail and the Add Annotation tab. Also note the significant offset of the annotation from the animals in the original thumbnail on the encounter page.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

It looks like the new display format for keywords was pushing the annotations due to CSS. I have tested a fix on ACW. Can you confirm if the display of annotations is fixed?

Thanks,
Jason

Confirmed. All looks good again. Thanks!

Fixed in ticket WB-726.