ARW: Bulk Import stuck in detection

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Firefox

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin/researcher/orgadmin

What happened?
The bulk import (https://amphibian-reptile.wildbook.org/import.jsp?taskId=87f1893c-b953-4d7c-8f06-8537077f4d1a) by the user Eike Bovensmann is stuck in detection. Initially, the bulk import included an ecnounter with 0 pictures but this encounter was removed. The detection button is also missing so that we cannot send a new detection request. The computer vision status reads: " Computer Vision Status: detection requests sent (0/59 complete). Each detection job in the queue is currently averaging a turnaround time of 2 minutes."

What did you expect to happen?
The detection to finish so that we could send the annotated photos to identification.
Could you please look into this?

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
(see above)

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Max.Muehlenhaupt

It looks like detection isn’t starting because the taxonomy is incomplete: The Encounter.genus field in Eike’s spreadsheet is empty. It should have Salamandra in this field. Encounter.specificEpithet is correct.

My recommendation is to delete this bulk import, correct the spreadsheet, and try the upload again.

1 Like

Eww I missed that… thanks Anastasia!

1 Like

No worries! That’s what I’m here for.