ARW Bulk import - stuck in detection

What Wildbook are you working in?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
The whole bulk import was sent to detection on 2024-08-19 and is stuck in detection since then (0/437 detection requests complete). Could you please stop the detection request so we can restart it? And would deletion of the import task also delete the stuck detection task from the queue? (Since we already experienced this problem before and decided to simply delete the import task and import it again. However the new import was stuck in detection again. That’s why I was wondering whether the detection task moight stay within the queue even when deleting the import task.)

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

It’ll be easier for me to troubleshoot if you send your spreadsheet to the address above. Thanks!

Yes, it would.

I see these encounters have a Location ID of FSWBD, which you requested we add here. In general, I update location IDs once a week so in the future you’ll want to wait until the location ID is in the system before you send your encounters to identification.

Dear Anastasia,

sorry for the late response! I just sent the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org
I hope this helps for troubleshooting. But I will have to delete the bulk import anyways, since I found some mistakes in there.

1 Like

Thanks for sending it! Here are the changes I recommend before you import this spreadsheet again:

1. Encounter.mediaAsset0, Encounter.mediaAsset1, Encounter.mediaAsset2 - You need to include the file extension in your image names (ex: salamander.jpg vs salamander)
  2. Encounter.locationID - These will need to be changed per the conversation in your other thread.
  3. Encounter.habitat - This isn’t a valid field name. You’ll want to use Encounter.verbatimLocality, instead.
  4. Rows 93, 94, 96, 97, and 98 are missing the username in the Encounter.submitterID field. When you upload an encounter without a username, you can’t edit because it isn’t assigned to you.

Of these issues, #1 is the most likely culprit of detection failing to complete. But fixing the others will also prevent any downstream issues with ID and data integrity.

If you haven’t already, I recommend reviewing our Bulk Import Cheat Sheet so you can avoid the most common issues with setting up spreadsheets.