Authentication error

Hello all,

I’m working on thousands of 2021 OPC Census photos, whereby they only have a date taken, one local name which is “Olpejeta East” minus all other data. Yesterday, I uploaded a sighting of 50 photos to start with, did all the steps successfully, but got an error message (below image) while I clicked on identification “image identification failed” (I deleted the sighting later though and I don’t have a link either)

I tried working with fewer individuals, uploaded 10 photos, followed all the steps, recorded the date of sighting only since we don’t record any other data while doing our census. This too didn’t work; I got the error below after clicking “report sighting” Sighting 97fc0456-e608-4f61-a427-4c1ede002f5e • Zebra Codex (wildme.org)

So, my question is, is there a successful way of uploading bulk photos that don’t have coordinates, behaviour, measurement and labelled keywords data apart from date? “Bulk import” would have been my option, but my photos don’t have any metadata to key in in excel sheet which is required. Second, while reporting a sighting, is there a limit on how many photos to upload?

Third, since each individual photo carries its own coordinate in their properties (we take photos with GPS-enabled cameras) can Zebra Codex perhaps be able to extract these coordinates for exact location purpose?

Kindly help.

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for reporting these issues.

For the first issue “image identification failed”. Please let me know if you can reproduce this and send a link. It could have been a temporary interruption of our machine learning server, or it could be a bug. We just need a link on a Sighting to reproduce it.

For the second issue related to this sighting:
https://zebra.wildme.org/pending-sightings/97fc0456-e608-4f61-a427-4c1ede002f5e#overview

It looks like you may have been logged out when submitting it, so it was assigned to the Public rather than your user account. I put in a collaboration with “Public” that should not allow you to see it. Can you please click the link above and let me know what you see? Also, please make sure to log in before submitting data.

Second, while reporting a sighting, is there a limit on how many photos to upload?

There is not.

So, my question is, is there a successful way of uploading bulk photos that don’t have coordinates, behaviour, measurement and labelled keywords data apart from date?

Bulk importing with only photo, date, and location should be allowed. Are you finding otherwise?

Thank you,
Jason

Hello Jason,

This is what I get after opening the link.

Note; I always logging in before submitting any data.

For Bulk import, it’s working well today, no error so far.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Margaret.

1 Like