Bug - Can't select confirm action wild dog ID

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?

When I load up a new image that has been sent to Identification and i cross compare to those within the database, and I can ID the individual to an individual i have already previously ID’ed, I cannot select ‘confirm action: Set to individual XXXX’ as the blue box does not show up at all. I am currently having to go to the encounter manually and then manually add the ID.

What did you expect to happen?

The blue box ‘set to individual XXX’ should appear which should allow me to add the new image to an existing ID in the database.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

Hi @WillD1996

Can you share the link to an encounter or match page where this is occurring so I can look into this?

The link to the example match results page, along with videos of the issue under 2 different scenarios, and the source bulk import spreadsheet have all been sent to the services@wildme.org address.

Maureen

1 Like

Hi @WillD1996

I wasn’t able to replicate this in Brave or in Chrome. When I click the checkbox next to a match candidate, I see the “Set to individual” button appear next to Confirm action.

Do you happen to have an adblocker enabled in Chrome? If so, try disabling it on ACW and try setting your match again. Additionally, if you haven’t cleared your browser’s cache or cookies in a long time, it can cause websites to load incorrectly. You can also try clearing your cache and cookies to see if that helps.

Alternatively, you can also try in a different browser and let us know if you’re still experiencing the same issue.